- Pickup and destroy confidential files into indecipherable fragments, maintaining control until it is made into more paper.
- GPS tracking of trucks for security & scheduling.
- Destruction of all magnetic materials, microfilm and microfiche.
- Scheduled pick-up designed to meet customer needs.
- Locking containers provided FREE.
- Notarized certificate of destruction for all materials picked up and shredded.
- Disposal Services for Electronic Equipment (computers, monitors, hard drives and other data processing equipment.)
- Secure Product Destruction – disposal of defective or returned merchandise, test products or past events merchandise.
DDS will provide our clients FREE of charge with security storage containers to store your confidential material until it is time for your weekly, biweekly, or monthly pickup for destruction. Our containers come complete with a lid that can be locked, and heavy-duty casters that allow for easy movement.
If your company maintains any of the following, you need DDS:
PROPER DOCUMENT DESTRUCTION IS THE LAW! WHY NOT ALLOW DDS TO MAKE SURE YOUR NOT BREAKING THOSE LAWS BY PUTTING THAT RESPONSIBILITY IN OUR HANDS?
Recent changes to HIPPA were enforced to dramatically increase its enforcement.
- Mandatory fines for certain violations - including improper disposal.
- Maximum fine increased from $25,000 to $1,500,00.
- Mandatory investigation required for certain complaints – including improper disposal.
- State-level Attorneys General are now in charge of enforcement in addition to continued HHS enforcement.
- Mandatory Data Breach Notification of Patients and Authorities if there is a potential data breach – including for improper PHI disposal.
PHI (Protected Health Information) items that require destruction:
- Incidental Paper Records
- Stored Records
- Computers. Reformatting the hard drive DOES NOT erase the data.
- CDs, Smart Phones, and Thumb Drives